Data Protection Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately.
This Data Protection Policy applies to information that IA-CEPA ECP Katalis (“Katalis”) collects through the Indonesia-Australia Skills Exchange (“Skills Exchange”, “website”, “site’, or “platform”) when you create a profile, interact with the platform, with other users, and generally with the Skills Exchange.
Your information is received and controlled by Katalis according to this Data Protection Policy when you sign up to the Skills Exchange or otherwise use the Skills Exchange.
The Skills Exchange is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No user is responsible for the platform’s privacy practices.
If either third party registers interest, books or interacts through the platform with other users, information about you and your activity in the course is received by the other user as described in this Data Protection Policy.
Each user is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No user is responsible for another user’s privacy practices. Also, Katalis and the Skills Exchange are not responsible for any user’s privacy practices.
If you do not accept the terms of this Data Protection Policy, then please do not access, browse, or register for the Skills Exchange. If you choose not to provide certain information that is required to provide you with various products and services offered on the Skills Exchange, then you may not be able to establish a user account or obtain those products or services. Any version of this Data Protection Policy in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language version will control if there is any conflict.
THIS DATA PROTECTION POLICY IS ORGANISED AS FOLLOWS:
- Information that the Skills Exchange collects from you (including Personal Information)
- Tracking technologies on the Skills Exchange
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your Personal Information
- Storage and Security
- Data Protection Policy updates
- Contact information
INFORMATION THAT THE SKILLS EXCHANGE PLATFORM COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
The Skills Exchange directly collects information when you:
- Sign up and create a Skills Exchange user account or profile, whether that is by an Indonesian Company or an Australian Skills Provider;
- Register interest in course offerings;
- Add, edit or close a training offering;
- Create, edit, choose or close a request for training;
- Participate in user surveys; and
- In any other way not mentioned above, use or interact with the platform.
In addition to the above points, the Skills Exchange also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the Skills Exchange platform, as explained in the section below titled ‘tracking technologies’.
The Skills Exchange does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority outside of business registration details required to authenticate the user as an Indonesian Business or Australian Skills Provider to a necessary level in order to meet the requirements for that user to participate in the platform.
The Skills Exchange requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- Sign up for a Skills Exchange user account (name, username, email address) and this will only be in the case where the user creates an account when they are a registered Indonesian Company or Australian Skills Provider.
To the extent that the Skills Exchange associates the information that the Skills Exchange collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the Skills Exchange, for example:
- In your Skills Exchange account profile;
Katalis and the Skills Exchange encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the Skills Exchange (if you later choose to delete your Skills Exchange account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below).
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES ON THE SKILLS EXCHANGE
Like many websites and companies, the Skills Exchange uses common tracking technologies on the platform to help Katalis better understand your use and needs of the Skills Exchange, current and future Skills Exchange-related products and services, and how the platform and users can improve. For example:
- The Skills Exchange tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Skills Exchange were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- The platform may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use Skills Exchange) you used when accessing the Skills Exchange; and
- The platform may track and collect information from emails that Katalis and the Skills Exchange sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
The Skills Exchange utilises user tracking technologies for the following purposes:
- When necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the Skills Exchange works properly for you. Without these technologies, the Skills Exchange may not function correctly;
- To enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help the Skills Exchange and users gather information about how users use the Skills Exchange and monitor Skills Exchange performance, and to enhance your experience by recognising whether you have visited the Skills Exchange before and may have any personal preferences; and
- To support content and marketing by enabling Katalis, the Skills Exchange and users to deliver content relevant to your interests on the Skills Exchange and third-party sites based on how you interact with Skills Exchange or user content.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
The Skills Exchange and users use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Skills Exchange – This includes creating and improving features that support the Skills Exchange;
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the Skills Exchange, to register for course offerings on the Skills Exchange or to offer courses;
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the Skills Exchange – This includes tracking Skills Exchange outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Terms and Conditions, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the Skills Exchange;
- Communicate with you – This includes notifying you of course and Skills Exchange maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of the Skills Exchange or Katalis, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you;
- Track Skills Exchange usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to Katalis business partners and external audiences related to the Katalis Program; and
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Katalis and the Skills Exchange, users, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
The Skills Exchange or a User may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
The Skills Exchange and users share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With service providers, contractors, and other third parties that help carry out the uses described above – The Skills Exchange requires third parties to: (1) abide by this Data Protection Policy and applicable law; (2) handle Personal Information in a confidential manner and maintain adequate security; and (3) use Personal Information only as needed to fulfill the relevant purpose(s). In some cases, the Skills Exchange and individual courses are integrated with third-party services or contain links to websites published by third parties, including other content providers as well as service providers. These third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices, so you should pay attention anytime you are redirected to a third-party website and be sure to review its Data Protection Policy; and
- With affiliates of Skills Exchange or a user, or with successors in the event of a merger, acquisition, or reorganisation, for their use consistent with this Data Protection Policy.
The Skills Exchange or another user may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, the Skills Exchange or a user may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your Personal Information through editing features on the Skills Exchange and requests to the Skills Exchange team. If your request involves information controlled by another user that you deem violates the Skills Exchange’s Terms and Conditions or Data Protection Policy, the Skills Exchange support team will notify and coordinate with the appropriate user to address your request. The Skills Exchange will provide support to the extent required by applicable law and more broadly, when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. The Skills Exchange will notify you in the event that the Skills Exchange is unable to meet a request that is not legally required. Similarly, users will only be obligated to comply with requests to the extent legally required, but may choose to comply with other requests in their sole discretion.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your Skills Exchange account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your Skills Exchange account except as noted below.
Restrict or object to the processing of Personal Information
If you want to manage emails and other communications to you, you may update your preferences in your Skills Exchange account, follow the steps described in links at the bottom of email messages, or contact the Skills Exchange support. You may object to, or request that the Skills Exchange or a user stop its use of your Personal Information for other purposes by contacting the Skills Exchange support team or the user directly. Please note that if you choose to restrict the Skills Exchange’s or a user’s ability to process Personal Information, and the processing is otherwise required to provide you with various services and products offered on the Skills Exchange, you may not be able to establish a Skills Exchange user account or interact with other users for the purposes of the Skills Exchange, and the Skills Exchange or a user may not be able to provide you with those services or products.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your Skills Exchange account and Personal Information, you will need to contact the Katalis team.
With respect to your Skills Exchange account, the Skills Exchange will permanently:
- Deactivate your Skills Exchange account;
- Remove the active profile;
- Retire your username; and
- Remove you from Skills Exchange email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, the Skills Exchange will permanently delete your Skills Exchange account profile Personal Information from the Skills Exchange.
As noted above, to the extent that the Skills Exchange associates the information that the Skills Exchange collects directly or indirectly with an individual or company (for example, a user), the association is based on Personal Information in your Skills Exchange account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your Skills Exchange account profile, the remaining information about your activity on the Skills Exchange will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of the Skills Exchange. If you enrolled in or provided any courses or training through contact with an organisation outside of the Skills Exchange, it is the user’s responsibility to contact that party directly to request the removal of associated data stores.
The Skills Exchange will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain records for reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with the Skills Exchange’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you register in a user’s course offering or as a provider outside of the platform and in some cases within the platform, such third party will also retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that the Skills Exchange deactivate your account and delete your information, the Skills Exchange will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable research and improvement on Government programs and education. These archives will be used to produce encrypted research data packages.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
The Skills Exchange stores information, including Personal Information, on servers of companies that the Skills Exchange hires or contracts to provide services. In each case, information is stored in Indonesia.
The Skills Exchange controls its own copy of information collected through the Skills Exchange and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. The Skills Exchange uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, the Skills Exchange cannot guarantee its absolute security. While the Skills Exchange works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, the Skills Exchange cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorised persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If the Skills Exchange learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, the Skills Exchange may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the Skills Exchange or providing Personal Information to Katalis or the Skills Exchange, you agree that the Skills Exchange can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Skills Exchange. If a security systems breach occurs, Katalis and/or the Skills Exchange may post a notice on the Skills Exchange homepage or elsewhere on the Skills Exchange and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your Skills Exchange account.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY UPDATES
This Data Protection Policy will be reviewed and updated from time to time. When changes are made, the Data Protection Policy will be labelled as “Revised (date),” indicating that you should review the new terms, which will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Skills Exchange after any changes have been made, you accept the modified Data Protection Policy and any changes contained therein. In case you miss the notification referenced above, be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Data Protection Policy.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that the Skills Exchange maintains about you, please contact the Skills Exchange support.